Revision #1 of Content Disclaimer
3 minute read
(Revision saved by SeanFromIT . Jump to the current revision or see a list of all revisions for this page.)
WIKIPROJECT PARANORMAL CONTAINS CONTENT YOU MAY FIND OBJECTIONABLE
See also: General Disclaimer - Risk Disclaimer - Medical Disclaimer - Legal Disclaimer
In its encyclopedic function, WikiProject Paranormal contains millions of articles on a vast array of topics. A relatively small fraction of these topics are sometimes censored by educational, governmental, corporate, parental and other filtering schemes.
- Some WikiProject Paranormal articles discuss words or language that are considered profane, vulgar or offensive by some readers.
- Some articles may contain names, images, artworks or descriptions of events that some cultures restrict access to.
- WikiProject Paranormal contains many different images, some of which are considered objectionable or offensive by some readers.
- Many articles contain frank discussion of controversial topics. Some subjects that are discussed have criminal applications in some jurisdictions. Others contain information on dangerous or otherwise risky activities (see Disclaimers and Risk disclaimer).
- Wikipedia may contain triggers for people with post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Wikipedia may contain images and videos which can trigger epileptic seizures and other medical conditions.
- It should be noted that as WikiProject Paranormal is open to contributions from the public, there may at any time be graffiti present on WikiProject Paranormal.
- There may be medical, legal or other information that is normally also the subject of professional opinions; WikiProject Paranormal is not a substitute for seeking the help of a professional. Please note: WikiProject Paranormal does not give legal advice or medical advice.
WikiProject Paranormal's current policy is to include such content, provided it breaches neither any of our existing policies nor the laws of the state of California in the United States, where WikiProject Paranormal is hosted. Some of these articles contain warnings, but many do not.
In any case, WikiProject Paranormal is a work in progress, and many articles contain errors, bias, duplication, or simply need tender loving care. We encourage readers to help us fix these problems. The great majority of articles are written primarily or solely by individuals who are not subject matter experts, and may lack academic or professional credentials in the area.
Wikipedia contains obscure information that would not be covered in a conventional encyclopedia. Wikipedia's coverage of subjects is patchy, based on the whims of its volunteer contributors (in particular, subjects of interest to young technical people are likely, but not certain, to receive heavier coverage than other subjects). Readers should not judge the importance of topics based on their coverage here, nor assume that a topic is important merely because it is the subject of an article here.